Re: what can we do about PGP sell out and CMR?

At 8:42 AM -0700 10/16/97, Bill Stewart wrote:
>At 11:29 PM 10/15/1997 +0100, Adam Back wrote:

>>I also suspect they won't
>>listen to Tim's earlier argument that they do nothing about recovery
>
>I thought Tim's point was directed to OpenPGP; Jon Callas and others
>said things like ~~If you've got features you want done,
>propose it to OpenPGP and get them to adopt it, and that'll
>give us a business reason that we ought to adopt it.~~
>(I think the context of that was discussing Stealth, which they
>still don't have enough business demand for to take time on,
>and which by the way puts a major crimp in SMTP filters.)

Yes, the thrust of my comments was about OpenPGP.

The OpenPGPers were fretting about how to incorporate GAK and CAK and GMR
and CMR into their "open," and (presumably) international, standard, and I
said:  Keep it Simple, Stupid.

With luck, OpenPGP will displace PGP for Corporate Controllers and PGP,
Inc. will have to back pedal to remain compliant.

(Meaning no ill will toward PGP, Inc., but if they see their economic
future lies in compromising key security by building in CAK and CMR....get
my drift?)

--Tim May