Re: about MISTY encryption algorithm

On Sat, 18 Oct 1997, Nobuki Nakatuji wrote:

> method to maintain security as long as its encryption key (password
> commonly shared by a sender and a receiver) is kept secret,

	Translation: The system is secure, only if you have a third route
	that is secure.

> However,possibilities of
> unauthorized access will increase when the encryption mechanism is made
> public.

	Translation:  our super secret algorithm is so pathetically weak,
	that anybody reading it, could break it, without using a computer.

> specification changes, and to sacrifice their encryption speed in return
> for an increased cipher strength to protect against recent decoding
> methods.

	Translation:  We decided to go for speed, rather than real
	security.

> encryption technology backed by adequate security. In January 1994,
> Mitsubishi Electric performed the first successful experiment to decode

	Translation:  In January 1994, Mitsubishu bought the DES Breaking
	Algorithm, on the black market.

	Snake Oil Sales people:
	Please apply at Mistubishi Electronic for a job as a drummer.

	Mistubishi Electronic is currently offering fantastic oportunities
	to fleece sheeple of their money,  with little to no risk to you.

          xan

          jonathon
          [email protected]

	The FBI doesn't want to read encrypted documents,
	they want to read YOUR encrypted documents.