Re: Singapore TOILET ALERT

Declan -

> [Apologies to my friends in Singapore, but I am NOT making this up. --Declan]

No apologies needed.  You don't have to make things up - we have lobotomized
civil servants and ministers to do that.  On the other hand, some of the users
of public toilets themselves are or need to be lobotomized!

Another issue: The Singapore Broadcasting Authority has issued "clarifications"
to their own lobotomized Internet Code of Practise (issued July 1996).
Check www.sba.gov.sg for more info.

>  And the top five toilets are...
>      SINGAPORE (Reuters) - A drive to keep public toilets clean
> and dry is meeting with overwhelming success, the Ministry of
> Environment said in a "toilet alert" Tuesday.
>      The statement said that in the first week "5,000
> Singaporans have called the Clean Public Toilets hotline to
> identify Singapore's model toilets and to vote for their top
> five favorite toilets."
>      The ministry launched a poster competition earlier in the
> month featuring three model toilets and inviting the public to
> identify their locations, as well as to nominate their favorite
> public toilets in five categories of locations.
>      Various prizes are involved, including a return trip to Hong
> Kong to be won in a draw.
>      Singapore is known for public campaigns promoting causes
> ranging from discouraging littering to encouraging people to
> have more children.

And for banning the sale of chewing gum, purchase of guns, jaywalking,
speeding, armed robberies, rapes, defamations suits, murders etc.  Damn,
we are beginning to sound (smell??) like New York City. *shivers*

Enjoy.
--
Harish Pillay                             	  [email protected]
Singapore      *** Ask me about Linux *** http://home.pacific.net.sg/~harish