InfoWar Epilogue 6 (Part III of 'The True Story of the InterNet')

Title: The True Story of the Internet Part II

The True Story of the InterNet
Part III

InfoWar

Final Frontier of the Digital Revolution

Behind the ElectroMagnetic Curtain

by TruthMonger <[email protected]>

Copyright 1997 Pearl Publishing

InfoWar Table of Contents

Epilogue

WORK AND NOT WORK

Looking back over the events of my life since I wrote Witness and the experience of the Institute Summer School of 1962; it becomes more than ever clear to me that our understanding of man turns upon the problem of Reality. If the aim of existence is Self-Realization and if this is identical with God-Realization, then the connecting link that makes them one and the same is to be found in the meaning of the word 'Reality'. If all were equally real, then realization means the process of transformation that leads from the unreality or imperfect reality towards Reality in the fullest sense.

The theme of this book is that there are both degrees and distinctive modes of Reality, and that there is a process that leads from the Unreal to the Real. This, in its turn, requires that there should be a means of effecting the transformation. This 'means' is what we call by the name of WORK. In the book there are few references to Work, either in the absolute sense as the process of universal realization, or in the relative sense of personal transformation. This is because those who participated in the discussions started from the premise that Work is a reality in both senses: absolute and relative. We were not concerned to discuss the authenticity of the process of transformation, but to understand it better.

The obligation to work for Reality is the Categorical Imperative from which life derives its meaning. It is, as Kant showed in the Grundlage, the ultimate, irreducible, moral certainty from which are derived our notions of God, Immortality and Ethic. I have never been satisfied, nor I believe was Kant himself, with the Critique of Practical Reason. It does not convey the sense of urgency which we experience in contemplating life based on Work and life without Work.

I was impelled to write this Epilogue by the impact of a vision or vivid dream that woke me from sleep a few nights ago.

I found myself in some remote, antipodean place where people were living ordinary lives. I recognized not a few of them as people I knew or had read about and noticed with a sense of wonder rather than surprise that some were still living and others were dead. They did not notice this difference because in any case they were all ghosts. But they were all aware of being ghosts and wanted to turn into real people. From time to time, an aeroplane arrived with others who joined them and among the new arrivals were both living ghosts and dead ghosts. I was made aware that all was well with these people because eventually they would cease to be ghosts.

Then I found myself back again nearer home; but this time I was taken to some kind of underground place. Here also were people more or less happily occupied with their daily lives and some of them were now living and others were dead. These also were ghosts but these ghosts were neither able to distinguish between life and death, nor did they understand that they were no more than ghosts.

I knew that I must tell them about their condition and about the other place where ghosts were being transformed into real beings. When I spoke to them of aeroplanes that could take them over, they said that they would go only if an aeroplane would come back and assure them that there was a place for them over there.

I remember very clearly explaining that once an aeroplane had gone over, it would never return. This seemed to them illogical and unreasonable and they took no more notice of what I said.

Then I found myself in a kind of lift being taken back to the surface. I looked at the lift-man and said to myself, "If I were not colour blind I should see that his face is grey". Somehow, this observation brought home to me the terror of being a ghost and immense pity filled me for these people who had lost the possibility of becoming real.

As I began to wake up, I said to myself: "What does it really matter that they are only ghosts? They are good, decent people, living good, decent lives and if they are satisfied with unreality why should they be disturbed? Their ghostly existence is also necessary."

At that moment I awakened completely and saw, in a flash, the infinite significance of Work. It is the imperative of all imperatives, the source from which all life takes its meaning, the way to Reality and even Reality itself. Work takes many forms: but all forms have one common character: the Will to Reality. Whether active or passive, whether in solitude or in society, work is always one and the same: it is the dedication of the will to the realization of Reality. This dedication carries with it the obligation to share understanding with others and to serve the Work in its universal significance. That is why those who have seen the difference between ghost-life and real-life are compelled to speak of what they have seen-even to those who do not wish to hear.

I am more than ever aware of the imperfections and even the errors in what I have written. I am ashamed to offer it as a "Spiritual Psychology" to those who are seeking for the Reality that is Work. Let it be taken as an essay and an attempt to share an understanding that is still in the process of being born.

J.G. Bennett.
January, 1964.

{Excerpt from "A Spiritual Psychology" by J.G. Bennett}

Bubba Rom Dos

"He who shits on the road, will meet flies upon his return."

What is InfoWar?

InfoWar is the voice that tells you that you can shit on the road, and not meet flies upon your return, if you spray the area with Agent Orange.
InfoWar is the voice that tells you that you can spray the area with Agent Orange and not suffer any consequences to your own health, because you don't live here.
InfoWar is the voice that tells you the people who do live here are Communists who need to be killed, with the help of Agent Orange, and people who need to be saved from both the Communists and the flies, with the help of Agent Orange.

InfoWar is when the evening movie at the PX is 'Clockwork Orange' and your head starts pounding, as a ferocious battle begins between your awakened prenascence and the thundering voice which is screaming, "It is not synchronicity…it is only a coincidence."

InfoWar is when you can look at a picture of a napalm-burned child and tell by the color of their skin whether or not they are the enemy.

I am not arguing for or against this or that battle, this or that war. I am only pointing out that anyone who returns from war the same as when they left for war, or with their sanity completely intact, in need of no healing…
Well, let me just say that they already live in a Virtual Reality within which the inhabitants of that reality do not realize that they are ghosts.

InfoWar is when you don't turn on the gas…you only put them in the ovens.
InfoWar is when you don't put them in the ovens…you only turn on the gas.

InfoWar is when you don't drop the atomic bomb, you only design it.
InfoWar is when you have two types of nuclear bombs and you convince yourself that they both need to be dropped, not for testing purposes, but to end the war earlier, and to save lives.
InfoWar is going to sleep praying that your Generals and Nuclear Physicists don't wake you in the morning to tell you that they have developed a third type of nuclear bomb, which must be dropped in order to shorten the war and save lives…or a fourth, or a fifth.

InfoWar is convincing you to develop nuclear software without a backdoor that you can use to prevent it from raining destruction on the innocent, because you are just a programmer, an engineer, a designer, a grunt, and these types of decisions are to be made by those who are trained to know when it is right for millions upon millions of people to die, and for the earth to be scorched beyond repair.

InfoWar is convincing you to design surveillance software without a mechanism available to defeat it if it falls into the hands of the Destroyer.
InfoWar is thinking that you are an island, and that your island only produces the tools and weapons that can be used for great Good or great Evil-thinking that those on other islands bear the responsibility for how those tools and weapons are used.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude
greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace.
We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that
feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget
that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams

Y2K not a 'bug'-it is not a 'design flaw.' It is a collaboration, in preparation for…

Apple has not collapsed 'in spite of' being Y2K compliant, but 'because' of it.

The Congressional IRS investigation is taking place despite the fact that the agency is not doing anything that it hasn't been doing for years and years.
When heads roll (out), new heads roll in.

The Secret Lab Players are being given leading stage roles, in positions such as at the FBI Crime Lab, in preparation for…

What was CAMP (Campaign Against Marihuana Production) all about?
It was a male bonding ritual between the Federal, State, regional and local law enforcement agencies.
It was laying the groundwork to shipping tens of thousands of federal assault rifles to local and regional LEA's in preparation for…

Full featured scaleable Telemetry systems for power reticulation control
and a host of other applications. Exciting innovations in Telemetry
Systems. Designed and manufactured to your exact needs.
http://www.tora.net/telemetry/telemetry.html, 1873 bytes, 11Aug97

"The average person's views of love are no longer based upon their relationship with each other, but upon what they see on TV."
- President of Video Valentine

"That site contains no graphics, no photos, no video clips, no audio. Just text. Deal with it."
-News of the Weird

"The '[ANY]' program cannot be 'fixed,' because it's working precisely as the politicians want it to."
-Vin Suprynowicz <[email protected]>
Assistant Editorial Page Editor of the Las Vegas Review-Journal