Re: Singaporean control freaks & CMR (Re: puff pieces vs tough crypto issues)

Harish Pillay wrote:

>I don't think the "micro management" is at it's worst in Singapore - not by
>a long shot.  It is true that the Singapore government tries to do so and
>in a lot of what they attempt, they somehow come out smelling roses.  But
>they have goofed up royally as well.

If you don't mind my asking in front of everybody, how do you stand it,
living there?  Do you get very frustrated (it sounds as though you might),
and want to leave for Anguilla?   Do you remind yourself not to litter with
those gum wrappers you're not supposed to have anyway, what do you think
when you're being incentivized to find a sexual partner and produce
children, or to Do This and Not do That or risk painful punishments?  Do
co-workers become critical of each other's petty "crimes", do you feel
opressed all around, or is it not as bad as it seems from here?

    ..
Blanc