Re: Terrorism is a NON-THREAT (fwd)

> Yup, I don't disagree with that. But, I have trouble answering the
> obvious question, 'well, how many lives _does_ it take before something
> is done?'. Is there any way to quantify this kind of thing?
>
> We hear on TV etc people saying "If this draconian measure saves the
> life of one innocent child its worth the loss of my right to walk in
> the park, or whatever". This is clearly shit, but can people suggest a
> sensible measure of when new legistlation is justified?

No amount of deaths are adequate cause for suspending the constitutional
rights of our citizens.  If the Feds can't adequately protect our citizens
from criminal activities w/o trampling on our rights then its time for us
to reorganize into different geo-political structures which may.  Once
solutions offered from D.C. include suspension of our civil rights its time
to put allt he options on the table, including considering the abandonment
of the entire compact.

--Steve