Re: Matters of Law

>It is often claimed (here, too) that "anyone may sue." This is true. Just
>pay a filing fee, etc., and anyone can sue. Alice can sue Bob because he is
>reading "War and Peace." I can sue Suzie because I didn't like the color of
>the dress she wore. And so on, so the theory goes.

YMMV, depending on locality. Some places require a lawyer to certify that the
lawsuit has (in hir opinion) at least a reasonable chance of succeeding. That
may not apply in small claims court, tho.

>(And the courts have even taken steps against those who have filed many
>frivolous lawsuits with the apparent intent of harassment. )

They can go after the aforementioned lawyers for this, too. One of Scientology's lawyers, Helena ("The Kobra") Kobrin, has been sanctioned for filing frivolous lawsuits on behalf of that cult.