Re: [cpe:4563] Tim May's defensive racism (was: about RC9) (fwd)

TruthMonger wrote:
>   The whips and chains are the best part...
>   The Eskimos have something like 30 different words for "snow." If you
> or I want to 'talk snow' with an Eskimo, our "method of expression"
> (language) will be affected by the "basic fundamentals" by which our
> differing languages are constructed. If we filter these already obvious
> differences through different medium of communiations (words, pictures,
> ASCII characters, etc.), then the "fundamental issues" will "change
> radically" according to the number and type of filters that our
> communications are interpreted through.
>   500 years from now, my own biases and bigottries will be revealed
> by the stripping away of the current commonly understood methods
> of misdirection by which I attempt to disguise them, as well as
> disguised by the the future misunderstandings of the unique meaning
> that my current commonly understood methods of communication convey
> to those steeped in the the peculularities of our era.
>   i.e. - People drunk on Scotch, 500 years in the future, will
> understand what I just said, whereas even I, myself, am unlikely
> to understand it in the morning, once I sober up.
>
> > I would propose...
>
>   Thanks, but I don't go that way...
>
> >  -  People are people, people are strange
> >
> >  -  What makes one person happy is guaranteed to piss somebody else off
> >
> >  -  Most people will never figure the first two out even if you tell
> >     them the answers
>
>   Young and Hettinga are going to be really pissed when they find out
> that you've been dipping into their 'stash'...
>
> > I'm beginning to think your attention span is tuned to those 30 second
> > blip-verts...and who asked? Are the voices back already?
>
>   Nope. I'm wearing the aluminum foil hat...
>
> > >   Reality is that even when the medium evolves to the point where we
> > > can use it to convey the totality of what we are trying to convey, that
> >
> > "convey the totality"? What kind of double-speak bullshit is that?
>
>   I was hoping that I could slip that one by you.
>
> > Look junior, the absolutely *ONLY* way to express the 'totality' of an
> > experience is to be the one doing the experience. You can pop all the
> > moddies and daddies you wanna but it's still a pale imitation; a rose it is
> > not in any language. Now unless you have just instantly warped our happy
> > assess into the far flung future we are a long walk from plugging brains
> > together, nic's & protocols not withstanding.
>
>   Whoa! Sounds like you took a few too many of the 'red' ones...
>
> > My suggestion, don't quit your day job, assuming your old enough to have a
> > job. They can't tell you're a dawg on the Internet.
>
>   I'm a 13 year-old dawg, and I'm not wearing any panties.
> (91 in people-years.)
>
> SaggingTitsMonger

Innuit words for snow..

     Aniugavinirq: very hard, compressed and frozen snow

     Apijaq: snow covered by bad weather

     Apigiannagaut: first snow of Autumn

     Apimajug: snow-covered

     Apisimajug: snow-covered, but not snowed in

     Apujjag: snowed-in

     Aput: snow

     Aputiqarniq: snowfall on ground

     Aqillutaq: new snow

     Auviq: snow block

     Katakaqtanaq: hardcrust snow that gives way underfoot

     Kavisilaq: snow roughened by frost

     Kiniqtaq: compact, damp snow

     Mannguq: melting snow

     Masak: wet, falling snow

     Matsaaq: half-melted snow

     Mauja: soft, deep snow footsteps sink in

     Natiruvaaq: drifting snow

     Pirsirlug: blowing snow

     Pukajaak: sugary snow

     Putak: crystalline, breaks into grains

     Qaggitaq: snow ditch to trap caribou

     Qaliriiktaq: snow layer of poor quality for an igloo

     Qaniktaq: new snow on ground

     Qannialaaq: light, falling snow

     Qiasuqqaq: thawed snow that refroze with an icy surface

     Qimugjuk: snow drift

     Qiqumaaq: snow with a frozen surface after spring thaw

     Qirsuqaktuq: light snow

     Qukaarnartuq: crusted snow

     Sitilluqaq: hard snow"

SnowMonger (even though not anonymous..yet, subscribing to the
DrunkMonger tendencies)