Re: export restictions and investments

>How do the US export restrictions affect investments into non-US crypto
>companies? Is it legal for US private persons or companies to invest
>money into companies developing strong crypto applications for example in
>Europe?

We got an official legal opinion, which was that wholly-owned subsidiaries
of US entities are subject to US regulations in this area.

>Since Sun bought the Russian Elvis+ company

Are you really sure that they bought it all? That would go against what
we had been told, and I have a great deal of respect for the legal/crypto
expertise of "Barry an Jay" at the Washington, DC, law office of Hale & Dorr.
	/r$