Re: Canarypunk: Jim Bell in a coalmine

At 11:38 AM -0700 6/22/97, Robert Hettinga wrote:

>The reason I ask is, given events of the past few days, it may be time to
>start standing up for our friends, no matter how unsavory their ideas.
>Tim was talking earlier here about how this kind of accountability should
>have been held, more stringently, for the people who burned children in
>Waco, and who shot them at Ruby Ridge. Maybe it's time to hold people who
>commit capital crimes on the state's behalf to understand that the legal
>sword cuts both ways. If so, I think the best way to start this is to do it
>in manageable increments, and ratchet up the pressure from there. To have
>zero tolerence for even the smallest offenses, starting with the jailing of
>Mr. Bell.

To paraphrase Hettinga himself, "I'm _telling!"

It appears hear that Bob is not only posting "off subject, non-coding"
stuff,  but that he appears to be calling for taking action against the
officials and judges in the Bell case.

My, my, my.

>Yeah, I know. It's me making work for someone else. Nonetheless: Anyone out
>there want to do this?

"Will no one rid me of that judge?"?

Physician, heal thyself.

--Tim May