Re: [cpe:5005] Further Costs of War

Monty Cansturbate wrote:

re: Income Tax Witholding

> To put this in perspective, multiply your income by 1.4.  For example,
> if your income is $50,000, that would be another $20,000 you would
> have every single year.  Where could you spend that money?
>
> If you simply saved it at 3% a year, in 30 years you would have about
> $950,000.  That's all for doing exactly what you do now.  Who needs
> national health insurance?

  Even if it was withold and held in escrow until it became due,
with the citizen who earned the money drawing interest off of it,
the result would be a windfall for the citizens.
  Add the gain in interest by the government to the loss of interest
by the citizen, and the already outrageous government theft becomes
even more so.

  The government loves to play 'deductions'.
  Translation~~We will take an even larger amount of your money than
we can ultimately get away with stealing without getting lynched, in
order for us to draw interest on it instead of you, and then pretend
to be working in your interest by dropping some loose change during
our post-robbery getaway.

LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT:
...and to the US Government, I leave a million dollars, so that they
can buy a half-dozen toilet seats for the restrooms next to the
Welfare and Farm Subsidy offices.

TruthMonger
"Who didn't grow cotton last year, either, and is still waiting for
 his check for $300,000."