Re: Jim Bell's Sentencing Delayed Again

At 11:03 PM -0700 11/21/97, Greg Broiles wrote:
>I'm starting to favor the explanation which suggests that Jim will be
>testifying at the trial(s) or before grand juries in other matters - and
>that his sentencing is postponed to ensure his cooperation, and that the
>defense isn't squealing about the successive postponements because that's
>seen as more favorable than receiving a sentence of many, many months in
>the event of noncooperation. I'm reluctant to finger anyone as a "snitch"

This is what I fear, too.

I now regret any "help" I provided him in adding crypto and digital cash to
his plans. (When I first came into contact with him, he had utterly zero
knowledge of how crypto worked, and how it could ultimately be used. His
"wonderful idea" was cheesy, built on nothing but hot air. But once certain
ideas were explained to him, his system became actually workable, albeit
not actually extant.)

I expect an arrest of several of us, on typically trumped-up RICO-type
charges.  Mere speech has become criminalized, through vague, speculative,
conspiracy charges.

Fuck them.  If it's war they want...

Lock and load,

--Tim May