Re: CDT and the Threat of Gov't Intervention

At 12:56 PM 12/3/97 -0700, Tim May wrote:

>And there are some who want "mislabelling" made a crime. Thus, if I claim
>that my site and my words are suitable for children, and someone (like
>Janet Reno) disagrees, I could be charged with "misrepresentation."

To pluck that string, I'm occasionally developing an essay which teaches
kids about
encryption.. building up to strong product-ciphers by exploring what you
can do with
iterating simple operations, and how they affect the data.  At the end of
the lesson they learn
that giving this document to a foreign-born friend would make them ITAR
criminals.

Subversive online cypherpunk comic books?  If I could draw.

      David Honig                   Orbit Technology
     [email protected]                  Intaanetto Jigyoubu

Information is a dense, colorless, odorless material readily transmitted
across empty space and arbitrary boundaries by shaking charged particles.