Re: [Censored] Quote of the Day (fwd)

Hi John,

Forwarded message:

> Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 17:34:30 -0500
> From: John Young <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [Censored] Quote of the Day (fwd)

> Jim Choate wrote:
>
> >I've had to threaten several DPS officers (Texas state troopers)
> >with this because they like to park their cruiser in the drive outside
> >my fence but still within the property line without asking my
> >permission to do paperwork and eat.
> >
> >They don't do it anymore.
>
> Damn, Jim, it's been nice having you here. Huntsville's agape
> for sugary puckers "threatening an officer."
>
> Still that beats joining the roadkill at the bottom of Lake Travis
> for messing with Texas.

Sorry dude, it isn't against the law in Texas to threaten an officer when
they are committing a crime, and trespassing on private property without
permission, in pursuit of a suspect, or a warrant is most definitely a crime
in this state, even for police. In this state if I catch somebody on my
property at night in the process of what I *believe* is theft is even
grounds for me to use deadly force; but *only* between sunset and sunrise.

About 3 years ago we had a female UT-Austin student shoot and kill a peeping
tom in the middle of town. She saw the guy through her window, got her gun,
went outside and dropped the guy. No charges were filed because it was
after dark and his trespassing on the apartment property was enough to
invoke the above referenced law. There was a lot of screaming and yelling
from a bunch of bleeding hearts about it, but the law still stands.

You really should try to understand why you cow-tow to 'The Man'....

   |      We built your fort. We will not have it used against us.      |
   |                          John Wayne -  Allegheny Uprising          |
   |                                                 [email protected]     |