Re: New hi-tech dog tags use encryption?... [CNN]

On Sat, 27 Dec 1997, Jim Choate wrote:

> [...]

I doubt the old metal ones will go away - smartcards have an annoying
tendancy to melt when your aircraft suffers traumatic deceleration.

Two competing cards were demo'd at JWID a few years back, so this isn't a
new concept. One way to keep them from losing your vacination records ...

-r.w.