Press URL's from today's Bernstein appeal hearing

Today's hearing in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals went very well.
The judges clearly understood the case -- both the picky legal
details, and how it fits into the general social issue of encryption
regulation.  While we can't predict their decision (or even when it
will come out), we are cautiously optimistic.

We'll put transcripts of the hearing up on the Web as soon as we get
them from the court reporter (in days or weeks).

You may want to examine some early press coverage of the hearing at:

http://www.nytimes.com/library/cyber/week/120997encrypt-bernstein.html
http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,17114,00.html
http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/content/zdnn/1208/261695.html

(The Times requires a username/password; use "cypherpunks" and "cypherpunks"
if you don't want them to track your accesses.)

	John Gilmore
	Electronic Frontier Foundation