Re: Freedom Forum report on the State of the First Amendment

On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, Paul Bradley wrote:

[...]

> > My rights to swing my fists end at your noise.  When ever you interact
> > with other peaple your rights are tempered by there rights.  Even Adam
> > Smith recognised that its was gorverments dutie to redress the failing of
> > the market.
>
> Why there is even discussion on this point on a list whose membership is
> composed mainly of market anarchists is beyond me,

Since when has a crypto anarchist been a market anarchist?

> the NAP and rights of
> association should clearly define the answer to this question, no
> agression is involved in the act of firing or declining to hire people
> based on their colour/nationality or any other factor whatsoever.

Ok a for instence,  if I was your boss and I sated that I would fire you
unless you would go *u-hum* cave exploring with me[1].  Such situations
have occured in the past, would you support them.

To me a person with that amount of power is uneceptable.

> > Also recall the free market model assumes that the word is full of totaly
> > rational pepeale who have full knowige of the market.  Any one who has
> > been on this list knows that these peaple are somewhat uncommen.
>
> I don`t see the model that way at all,

I'm sorry but it is one of the fundermenalts of economic thory.

[...]

> the model is ethically right in that it allows businesses
> and individuals to behave as they please as long as it harms no other
> person,

So allowing someone to stave to death because thay have the wrong collour
of skin, or unwilling to get up close and personal with the boss, is not a
form of harm.

> sure, firing you may harm you by decreasing your income but this
> is not an agressive act, it is a passive one: I have declined to offer
> you, or keep you, in employment.

Immagion there is a truck rolling out of conrol in your direction,
keeping silent may harm you by preventing you from jumping out of the way,
but this is not an agressive act, it is a passive one: I have declined to
warn you.

[1] Not that I am thay way enclined.

- --
Please excuse my spelling as I suffer from agraphia see the url in my header.
Never trust a country with more peaple then sheep.  ex-net.scum and proud
You Say To People "Throw Off Your Chains" And They Make New Chains For
Themselves? --Terry Pratchett.