Re: British Ministers Adopt Unbreakable Crypto

Bruce Schneier writes:

> >``There is even a duress finger,'' Rushworth said. ``That is for if a
> >terrorist or gunman has a gun to the minister's head forcing him to
> >open the computer. It will appear to function normally but doesn't,
> >and sends a silent alarm to the Cabinet Office.''

> This is INSANE.  How could someone be so stupid as to announce
> such a feature in a newspaper.  I guess this means that if a
> terrorist sees a Cabinet minister with such a computer, he had
> better shoot to kill.

> The whole point of a feature like this is that its existence is secret.
> Someone is NOT paying attention.

I don't think the machine is going to do any silent alarming in the
grounded Faraday cage with the 10 severed fingers lying on a plate next to
it.

Anyone know what they actually use to sector encrypt the file system
on these things?  It would be somewhat amusing if it were snake oil
based.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+