Re: Spyking snips: Police MDT's + cia/russian spying

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 13:03:42 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>2)From: "Brandon Robinson" <[email protected]>
>Subject: Re: Monitoring MDT's
>
>>14)From: "self destruct" <<[email protected]>
>>Subject: Monitoring MDT's
>>hi all,....i am wondering if there is a way to monitor police MDT's
>>(mobile display terminals)
>>i have the frq. that they use but i dont know how to hook up a scanner to
>>p/c. any thoughts would be appreciated thank you
>
>Since no one else seemed to respond to this, I guess I will...first off
>M.D.T. stands for (Mobile Data Terminals), I got this posting off some
>group I can't really remeber where from, but it is informative, and was
>the
>subject of a Feb, '97 "911Dispatcher Magazine" story. It should answer all
>of your questions, I also have a list of some places where you can buy the
>unit pre-made, or a kit to make your own. I have left the Source code out
>on purpose as it is rather lengthy, if you want it I can send it to you.
>
>-BBR

[BIG SNIP of story]

After reading all the stuff on MDT's, a got an idea.

How about a central monitoring web site (out of the US).  This system
would run a small server program that could accept input, via the net,
from MDT monitors around the country.  Each MDT monitor would collect
data and send it in once every 5 minutes.

A person could goto a web site and see what is going on around the
country.  Hmmm.  Watching the watchers??

-Doug

Douglas L. Peterson
mailto:[email protected]
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/1271/