distributed cryptographic attack demo

hi,

i'm trying to do a demo of a distributed object technology and it seems
to me that many cryptographic attacks would be facilitated by our
approach.

do you have any ideas for what a neat distributed effort might be?
the ones i've thought of just don't seem too exciting:

* GNFS of RSA modulus
* attacking SSL
* brute-force RC5 attack

i'm looking for something that would be a sort of viscerally engaging
attack, something that will make people who aren't necessarily
number theorists or cryptographers take note.

any input would be helpful!

*jon

PS - note that I'm not on cypherpunks so a direct reply would be
most highly appreciated.