What are the "Soft Targets"?

Someone asked me what I meant by "soft targets," and what specifically some
of them are.

I won't provide a list here, lest I be tarred by the same "guilt by
association" brush the Las Vegans are facing in the media. ("The Army found
a map of the New York City subway system." Thoughtcrime.)

A "soft target" is a target of opportunity that is both:

-- almost impossible to defend

and

-- valuable for publicity purposes if attacked

Traditionally, examples have been public squares, train stations, hotel ,
etc.  When U.S.-sponsored terrorists blew up the Balogna, Italy train
station, they knew this would generate massive fear and backlashes against
the Left (whom the U.S. supported terrorists were pretending to
represent...cf. the info on Lucio Gelli, the strategy of tension, the P2
Lodge, Stefano Delle Chiaie, etc.). And when the Jewish terrorists in
Palestine wanted to make a point, they bombed the King David Hotel.

In the U.S., soft targets abound. These would typically be crowded,
downtown areas any of the 30 or 50 largest cities, but also various tourist
attractions and government facilities (though government facilities tend to
be "harder" targets, and so less likely).

With aerosol weapons, subways and indoor locations are more likely to be
targets.

Use your own judgment, but I choose to avoid any of the various soft
targets near me.

-Tim May

Just Say No to "Big Brother Inside"
Higher Power: 2^3,021,377   | black markets, collapse of governments.