Re: SF Chronicle on Sen. Dianne Feinstein: "Feinstein Offline"

At 04:33 PM 2/19/98 -0800, Tim May wrote:
>At 2:55 PM -0800 2/19/98, William H. Geiger III wrote:
>>>She's a buffoon who is probably the first one who'll be sent to the wall
>>>if there's ever a Second American Revolution.
>>Third. We had a Second American Revolution and we lost.
>You're quite right...I stand corrected.
>
>Though in some sense it was a "secessionist movement," which is subtly
>different from a revolution.

We've had bunches of local ones - Shay's Rebellion, the Whiskey Rebellion.
There was a big secession followed by a reconquest, but that wasn't
really a revolution.  There were a bunch of events like Wounded Knee
in which our conquered neighbors tried to fight back and lost.

				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, [email protected]