EMI, Van Eck, etc.

In almost every writing I've come across regarding Van Eck, I notice the
phrase "...simply a modified television" or something along those lines.

Does anyone have a document for actually modifying a television set to do
this sort of thing?  It doesn't have to be extremely long ranged, and could
in fact be very short range.. I am interested in performing my own
experiments into defeating this sort of eavesdropping.

Also, would it be possible to scramble the signal into an unusable level by
simply putting another device emanating RF at the snooping frequencies
nearby the machine that you want to protect?  Something generating white
noise at that frequency, but with a purposely built antenna, say a high
gain type turned outward from the monitor, with a significantly higher
power output than the monitor?

Thanks..

-The Spectre [SP4 w/ Clam Cluster]
-http://www.anthrax.net/cos
"No man is clever enough to know all the evil he does."  -  La Rochefoucauld