Re: Chaffing & winnowing without overhead

Ryan Anderson wrote:

> Note that any of the 2^n plaintexts cna be reconstructed from the
> following sequence of triples.  (Assuming no knowledge of the MAC.  The
> attacker has no idea which of each pair of triples related to each
> sequence is correct, so he must search every possibility, which turns  out
> to be each of the 2^n plaintexts.)

OK, but to be technically correct, you arent *transmitting* all 2^n
possibilities.  That would be like saying that when you blowfish encrypt a
64-bit block and send it, you are sending all 2^64 plaintext, because given
all 2^128 possible keys you will cover the entire "plaintext-space".  while
it is crucial to make sure that you leave the possible decryptions
exponential, you are not transmitting all possible plaintests. That would
be .... uhhh... bad.
--
o Mordy Ovits
o Programmer / Cryptographer