FW: "... would cause us to look at this person as a threat"

The earliest online citation I can find is in the  May 1997 Newsletter of
the
Melbourne Seventh-day Adventist Church, at

http://www.spacey.net/bwillard/News0597.html

Considering it's content, I have no doubt that it is manufactured - it
carefully written to offend millenialist Christians, such as the SDAs.
I've written the page owner to see if I can find out more.

Deja News shows this quote first in alt.war.civil.usa, on March 18 1998.
Since then, it's been banging around various Christian and political
groups.

It also seems to be on the website
http://www.sightings.com/political/renowords.htm, but I have not
confirmed this, nor can I tell if this cites an earlier source.

Peter Trei