Re: radio net (fwd)

On 9/9/98 8:39 AM, Jim Choate ([email protected])  passed this
wisdom:

 The FCC prohibits the use of transmissions encoded specifically to
obscure the content of the traffic (which is exactly what our reason for
using encryption would be), in essence they prohibit using encrypted
transmisions. However, by wording the ruling that way they leave the door
open for things like the ham radio satellite command channel uplinks
being encrypted for security reasons ... but to do so they must, upon
request, be able to provide the Friendly Chocolate Company with their
keys.

Brian B. Riley --> http://members.macconnect.com/~brianbr
  For PGP Keys  <mailto:[email protected]?subject=Get%20PGP%20Key>

 "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."