bill soper & brains

Wednesday 9/16/98 6:56 PM

Underwood

More than 40 years ago Armand [bunky] Larive, I, and others took
history of philosphy from bill soper.

Laivre is an an episcopal priest in Pullman now.
http://www.web-x.com/wazzu.net/restaurantguide/index.html

I don't see sopher listed in the faculty directory.
http://people.whitman.edu/faculty_homepages.html

Sopher invited an attractive articulate lady from the B'Hai religion
to lecture our class.

The LADY put forth an argument on why we should all believe.

In the next lecture Soper, as a philospher should, went into
every detail why her arguments were falacious.

           The contemplation of things as they are,
                without error or confusion,
            without substitution or imposture,
   is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention.

   Francis Bacon

I think Lairve was present at the lecture and analysis.

I PROFITED FROM YOUR differential equations AND
elementary mathematics from an advanced standpoint courses.
But this has been about 40 years ago.

I still have the books used in your classes.

And my education at Whitman.

Then, too, I profited from Zirakzaheh's higher alegraba course in the
summer of 1958 at U Colorado.

Let's hope this gets settled before someone gets NUKED.

We know these guys. http://www.wpiran.org/  http://www.taliban.com/
http://www.netlink.co.uk/users/impact/namir/namirm.html

And we SPECULATE that they are NOT HAPPY ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED.

bill
----