Re: Clinton's fake apologies (fwd)

Forwarded message:

> From [email protected] Sat Sep 19 16:40:18 1998
> Date: 19 Sep 1998 21:21:26 -0000
> From: Anonymous <[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: Clinton's fake apologies (fwd)

> > Then don't take the oath:
> >
> > To tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

> What? To tell a lie is one thing, but if you preface it with "I'm telling the truth",
> then that is really really bad? I still think you're drawing a very fine line.

Of course it's different if you preface your lie with "I swear to tell the
truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth".

The oath is voluntary and therefore if broken no claim for duress, only
intentional misdirection, can explain such actions.

                            The seeker is a finder.

                                     Ancient Persian Proverb

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      [email protected]