Re: ArcotSign (was Re: Does security depend on hardware?)

At 12:57 PM 9/22/98 +0100, Ben Laurie wrote:
I hope you manage to persaude them then, because, as we all know, if it
>is kept secret, then even B. Schneier saying it is great will not rescue
>them from the snake-oil branding.

I'm working on it.  I think I will be successful.  They know that they have to
make their sytem public if people are going to use it.  At this point, keeping
things under wraps give them a competitive edge.  There will be a point where
they have to make all the details public.

Bruce
Bruce Schneier, President, Counterpane Systems     Phone: 612-823-1098
101 E Minnehaha Parkway, Minneapolis, MN  55419      Fax: 612-823-1590
           Free crypto newsletter.  See:  http://www.counterpane.com