[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: I thought of an initialy regulated industry!...
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Re: I thought of an initialy regulated industry!...
- From: Anonymous <[email protected]>
- Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 21:22:24 +0200
- Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.Please report problems or inappropriate use to theremailer administrator at <[email protected]>.
- Sender: [email protected]
> Personally, I favor the "Pournelle Solution": acquire a 10-mile by 10-mile
> region of the Mojave Desert. Not in an "ecologically interesting" area of
> Death Valley, but just out in the vast scrublands. Erect a double fence
> around it, and perhaps even a minefield (if one is worried about thefts of
> nuclear waste). Pile the spent fuel rods, medical gear, gloves, etc. on
> pallets separated by wide roads from other pallets. This "solves" the
> waste problem for at least a matter of many decades, by which time various
> technologies will likely have presented other and better solutions. Cost is
> low, convenience is high, safety is good, environmental polllution is nil.
So what do you do when it rains?
It does rain in the Mojave desert, you know. And it rains hard,
in the summer thunderstorm season. That's a lot of water to sluice
away radioactive material into the washes and arroyos, leading down to