[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Men can be raped
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Re: Men can be raped
- From: Anonymous <[email protected]>
- Date: 24 Oct 1998 17:30:46 -0000
- Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.Please report problems or inappropriate use to theremailer administrator at <[email protected]>.
- Sender: [email protected]
>Of course it's possible to rape a man. Just because he becomes erect
>doesn't mean he desires sexual intercourse. People are more than the
>instictive reactions their body produces. Someone who chooses not to
>engage in sex, but is coerced into doing so, is raped, regardless of
>his body's physical reactions. The key element is coercion. Erections
>or other bodily responses have nothing to do with it.
>Consider a murderer who ties his victim to a chair and rigs a diabolical
>device. A hammer strikes the victim's tendon below his knee, causing
>his leg to reflexively kick and set off a bomb. The murdere is caught
>but argues that the person committed suicide, since he kicked the bomb
There's another spin to this too.
Since men apparently aren't raped if they get an erection, then it
follows that women aren't raped if they lubricate. You could take it one
step farther, and say that neither sex can claim rape if the victim has
an orgasm or if they get aroused in *any way*.
Courts never cease to amaze me.