Re: New Brady Bill Implications

Tim May wrote:

>  As for the privacy implications of the instant check system, I abandoned
> the NRA a few years ago when it began pushing this instant check system
> (and also when some of its leaders were lukewarm in their support of gun
> rights). It was obvious that it would lead to a fully computerized gun
> registration system, as indeed it has...duh! The NRA claimed it would not,
> but now they are busy getting ready to sue the FBI and other law enforcment
> agencies to force them not to retain the information they get from the
> instant check system. Duh, again. (This was all foreseeable to anyone with
> half a brain.)

The NRA is claiming that the database of citizens who purchase guns legally is
prohibited by the Brady Bill. FBI claims it will be used for statistical purposes
only. What will the statistics be used for? In the near future, we might expect
anyone with more than 0.5 brain (among other handicaps) to fail the instant check.
Ahh, now I see why they call it the Brady Bill (sincere apologies to Mr. Brady).