Re: y2k/gary north delusions

In <[email protected]>, on 12/06/98
   at 01:40 AM, Michael Hohensee <[email protected]> said:

>William H. Geiger III wrote:
>>
>> In <[email protected]>, on 12/05/98
>>    at 10:07 AM, Michael Hohensee <[email protected]> said:
>>
>> >Then we're back to doing it in the open.  Less concentrated cities might
>> >last a while longer, but not much longer.  There's no getting around it,
>> >we *need* working sewer systems to have modern cities.  Otherwise, the
>> >cities die.
>>
>> And you say this as if it is a bad thing.
>>

>Well it is, sorta.  I've got the misfortune to live in NYC, as do many
>many many other people.  People who (like me) aren't particularly
>interested in dying of disease and/or starvation.  If the "shit hits the
>fan", we're in for a serious mess, in any event. :/

It is your choice to live in the cesspool know as NYC. I am originally
from Chicago, I got the hell out of there the 1st chance I got and have
never looked back.

Large metropolitan complexes are obsolete and their problems greatly
outweigh their benefits. I am a land owner and *like* owning land, I enjoy
having grass and trees, streams to fish and swim in, not living in a cage
with my neighbors on the other side of a paper thin wall. I have enough
land that I could plow it up and do subsistence farming to survive if the
collapse ever comes (subsidized with fishing and hunting).

Why anyone would want to live like a rat is beyond me.

William H. Geiger III  http://www.openpgp.net

OS/2 PGP 5.0 at: http://www.openpgp.net/pgp.html