Re: y2k/gary north delusions

At 3:09 PM -0500 12/6/98, William H. Geiger III wrote:

>Large metropolitan complexes are obsolete and their problems greatly
>outweigh their benefits. I am a land owner and *like* owning land, I enjoy
>having grass and trees, streams to fish and swim in, not living in a cage
>with my neighbors on the other side of a paper thin wall. I have enough
>land that I could plow it up and do subsistence farming to survive if the
>collapse ever comes (subsidized with fishing and hunting).
>
>Why anyone would want to live like a rat is beyond me.

	All night grocery stores within walking distance.

	Ready access to work and entertainment.

	10 different "ethnicities" of restraunts within walking distance
(if you consider "all night diner" to be an "ethnicity").

	Decent Mass Transit.

	Very little Country Music on the radio, and NO hog reports.

	Oh, and I haven't owned a car in 6 years.

	I don't really _like_ living in Chicago, but I'd like living in the
middle of BFE even less.
--
"To sum up: The entire structure of antitrust statutes in this country is a
jumble of economic irrationality and ignorance. It is a product: (a) of a

Petro::E-Commerce Adminstrator::Playboy Ent. Inc.::[email protected]