Re: [Fwd: y2k/gary north delusions]

At 9:10 AM -0500 12/5/98, Soren wrote:
>Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
>> Well... The answer is that there is much less washing needed for
>> survival than it is needed for day to day civilized American life.
>> For instance, I change my shirts every day. If shit hits the fan,
>> you can wear a shirt for two weeks. Similar story is with other
>> clothes.
>This is a good one.  What about the other half of American life (the
>uncivilized?). You know, the americans who live in those old
>refrigerator cartons? The ones that nobody sees?  I think they get more
>than 2 weeks out of their shirts.
>The sad fact is that city brats haven't got the faintest idea what
>survival is all about  (you mean I have to *walk* to the supermarket?).
>It was in the 1890's when Queen Victoria issued an edict that forced all
>the english to 'bathe at least once a year'.
>Sit back and enjoy the carnival.

	What was tbe average life expectancy in Victorian England?

	Those "other half" (more like other .05%) who live in refridgerator
cartons regularly clog up ER's with gangrenous wounds, stinking of filth
and decay. They tend not to live too long like that. Many of them also get
a hot shower at least once a week from a homeless shelter.
--
"To sum up: The entire structure of antitrust statutes in this country is a
jumble of economic irrationality and ignorance. It is a product: (a) of a

Petro::E-Commerce Adminstrator::Playboy Ent. Inc.::[email protected]