Re: No Subject ( camera nonsense )

> The wire loops (in sets of two a few meters apart) are in every stretch of
> freeway in California. They report the numbers and speed of all
> vehicles. Have so for decades. This allows the Caltrans operation centers
> to instantly identify backups due to accidents, etc. Once in a while, the
> evening news do a story on these operation centers.
>
> So we still don't know what the grey sensors do. Note that these sensors
> are typically mounted only above the two right lanes.

Check out <http://traffic.maxwell.com> for real-time results
of these sensors. You used to be able to get results for individual
sensors, but they made the site "easier to use".
-- Marshall

Marshall Clow     Adobe Systems   <mailto:[email protected]>

Freedom isn't being able to do what you like, it's allowing someone else
to do or say something you hate and supporting their right to do so.