Re: Mathematician-to-silicon compilers and the Law

At Sunday, you wrote:
>what  happens to the law when regular english is just a few clicks away from
>being an executable?  A chip?

How about the best cipher of all?!? The one we carry between our ears?
(Just proving the illegitimacy of such law attempts)

>Politicians have particular problems linking abstractions to atoms.

Will they understand the question:
	Can we decipher a Human memory by analysis of a brain?!?

And if they consider crypto as a weapon what about cars and radios...
...and phones... and pens... etc.

	I'm thinking of the Jeep in military action...
	Cars are used by terrorists. They depend on them.
	Same with phones... pens... radios etc.
	... (Not to talk again about human memory)

All these items have the SAME importance as crypto... with an increasing
treat cars can be when changed in REAL weapons.

	Are these anti-crypto folks just stupid... or insane?:
	Why don't they do laws limited to the terrorists?!?
	In my country guns are prohibited... but criminals have them.
	The arguments used by them just smell funny.

	So:
	Anti-Crypto can only have a point as a tool to political control.
	It also is the negation of all human rights including the one of
	intellectual property. Brave new World?!?

>I see two extrapolated futures.  In one, the end result is restrictions on
>free speech in certain areas (e.g., crypto), for the benefit of national
>insecurity and the Children.  In the other, the Law will have to allow you
>whatever posessions you like, and only punish *actions* after the fact.
>Given recent historical trends...

	Only brought to public prepairing the anti-crypto campaign!
	What are the real links?!? Facts please!

	Fact: No government today governs... they now only manage economies.
	The result: The degradation of social and cultural links.
	... and what have been the actions taken to such irresponsibility?!?
	Not actions of correction but of repression... Wrong path!!!

D.L.

 - - -
Antonio Manuel Melo de Carvalho Dutra de Lacerda
Morada		: Rua Rodrigues Cabrilho, 5 - 5 Esq.
		  1400 Lisboa, PORTUGAL
Telefone	: +351-(1)-3013579
FAX & BBS	: +351-(1)-3021098