Re: I must admit. . .

On Wed, 23 Dec 1998, Reeza! wrote:

:Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 06:11:38 +1000
:From: Reeza! <[email protected]>
:To: Missouri FreeNet Administration <[email protected]>
:Cc: Jukka E Isosaari <[email protected]>, Joel O'Connor <[email protected]>,
:    mib <[email protected]>, [email protected]
:Subject: Re: I must admit. . .
:
:At 02:29 PM 12/22/98 -0600, Missouri FreeNet Administration wrote:
:>
:>On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, Reeza! blathered thusly:
:
:Cute.
:
:>Hrmm... And we have never "sanctioned" (gotta love those innocuous
:>euphemisms) any soveriegn State?  What good for the goose is not good for
:>the gander?  I repeat, *what gives us the RIGHT* to determine his weaponry
:>or lack thereof?
:
:Perhaps if you cited a few examples, your counter-point would have some
:weight.

How about Iraq itself???

:>:Your arguments would be better applied to Somalia and Bosnia than they are
:>:to Iraq. Our presence in those countries was of a slightly different
:>:character than it is in Iraq now isn't it???
:>Yes indeed.  In these two countries we were there only to watch over the
:>slaughter, not to perpetuate it ourselves.  Mustv'e ruined your Military
:>Day (tm), huh Reeza?
:
:(yawn) not really. Actually, any involvement we have with the UN gets on my
:nerves. Interesting, the way you ignore the differences between "internal
:conflict" and "aggression against a sovereign neighbor".

I don't see any difference when *we* are the ones injecting ourselves into
it.  Why don't you point them out to me?

Yours,

J.A. Terranson
A *thinking* citizen of the United States Of America - damn few of us
left...