[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Is Sameer/C2net Attempting to subvert the OpenSSL and Mod-ssl projects
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Is Sameer/C2net Attempting to subvert the OpenSSL and Mod-ssl projects
- From: Anonymous <[email protected]>
- Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 17:25:04 +0900 (JST)
- Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.Please report problems or inappropriate use to theremailer administrator at <[email protected]>.
- Sender: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: OpenSSL and C2Nets attempted subversion of same(Sameers track record
On the Subject of Sameers record with open source
mod_ssl.c(this was the component that Sameer wishes wasnt
available(and did his best to deny to his customers) and indeed was quite
sucessful in preventing its availability until Ralf Engleschall's mod_ssl becam
available... This is the REAL reason C2net took a nose dive...)
and now it appears Sameer is trying to co-opt that project also.
I trust Ben Laurie and Ralf... They developed the code .
I DONT trust Sameer... he is simply a privateer, he takes sources
and trys to restrict availability so he can make a profit from
Intellectual Property NOT developed by him...
I specifically suspect his announcement coming on the heels of Ben's.
I dont think this person will ever get a clue about either Open Source
the baby ruth bar in the swimming pool :)