Re: Is Sameer/C2net Attempting to subvert the OpenSSL and Mod-ssl projects

In <e7da8d968f05e9013ee1302f84dfadfd@anonymous>, on 12/24/98
   at 05:25 PM, Anonymous <[email protected]> said:

>To: [email protected]
>cc:
>Subject: OpenSSL and C2Nets attempted subversion of same(Sameers track
>record --------
>On the Subject of Sameers record with open source

>  mod_ssl.c(this was the component that Sameer wishes wasnt
>available(and did his best to deny to his customers) and indeed was quite
>sucessful in preventing its availability until Ralf Engleschall's mod_ssl
>becam available... This is the REAL reason C2net took a nose dive...) and
>now it appears Sameer is trying to co-opt that project also.

>I trust Ben Laurie and Ralf... They developed the code .

>I DONT trust Sameer... he is simply a privateer, he takes sources and
>trys to restrict availability so he can make a profit from Intellectual
>Property NOT developed by him...
>I specifically suspect his announcement coming on the heels of Ben's. I
>dont think this person will ever get a clue about either Open Source or
>GPL.

I must have missed this one. Could anyone provide some greater detail on
what the mod_ssl.c issue was with Sameer & C2Net?

FWIW I have a couple of projects that I am working on that are dependent
on the SSLeay Libs. If I don't like the way Sameer or C2Net is going with
this I will just continue my own development on the Libs.

William H. Geiger III  http://www.openpgp.net

OS/2 PGP 5.0 at: http://www.openpgp.net/pgp.html