[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
OpenSSL (whoever picks up the banner) Yeah!!
- To: [email protected], [email protected]
- Subject: OpenSSL (whoever picks up the banner) Yeah!!
- From: Anonymous <[email protected]>
- Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 05:15:04 +0900 (JST)
- Comments: This message did not originate from the Sender address above.It was remailed automatically by anonymizing remailer software.Please report problems or inappropriate use to theremailer administrator at <[email protected]>.
- Sender: [email protected]
To: [email protected]
Subject: Open Source separate from the Crypto export battle
Happy What ever to you all !
gee Anonymous... you seem to be quite angry... or
a feeble provacateurs attempt to cause division in the ranks(Infowar
Level 1 perhaps??)
(as if there wasnt enough already...)
I think its vitally important to recognize Sameers and C2Nets
contribution to fighting against both the US bullshit export laws
and to good quality cryptographic software... Stronghold while NOT
open source has been a vital and much appreciated part of the battle
against the eavesdroppers at the NSA/Interpol/GCHQ etc.
I am however somewhat guarded about how Open Source OpenSSL will remain.
For example will competitors to C2net be able to use it without
licensing or fees to C2net in some form..?
I would also like to thank Ben Laurie for making the patches available.
A lot of sites run these worldwide.
I sincerely wish the anonymous flamers would cease and desist
you are contributing as much garbage as the average spammer to these lists
If people dont make a profit from crypto activities... then there
wont be any crypto...
Again Sameer thanx for all you have done..