RE: domestic audio surveillance in LA, Redwood City (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from Trei, Peter -----

From: "Trei, Peter" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: domestic audio surveillance in LA, Redwood City (fwd)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 09:47:50 -0500

A more interesting hack would be to put up a mike/amp/speaker
with a randomly varying digital delay comparable to the
speed-of-sound time between the microphones (at a guess, 1-5
seconds), along with a little logic to prevent feedback.
This would play havoc with the triangulation
system.

On the other hand, if your neighbours are firing guns at
random, do you *want* them to keep doing it?

----- End of forwarded message from Trei, Peter -----

That would depend on where the neighborhood was locaated, what they were
shooting at, and whether I thought the cops were a lesser evil than the
shooter.

Here in Texas for example if you live in the rural areas it's not uncommen
for random gunfire from plinkers to occur at all hours of the day or night.
I certainly don't check with my neighbors when I go shooting cans. I also
wouldn't call the cops if they were plinking at road signs.

            The future is downloading. Can you hear the impact?

                                        O[rphan] D[rift>]
                                        Cyber Positive

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      [email protected]