News Alert for EDIG

As requested, your EDIG News Alert Follows From EquityAlert.com

************* GET UP TO $50 FOR EVERYONE YOU REFER ************
Nearly $120 BILLION is spent on Home Improvements every year -
some of it by people you know. If you refer friends to
Call-A-Pro.com, you can get up to $50 for every Improvement
they have done through us. Simply visit the Incentive Program
at http://www.callapro.com/incentive.asp for information on
how to get started. Call-A-Pro.com - here to improve your living.

e.Digital's Portable Internet Music Player Design to Support Secure
Digital --SD-- Memory Card

LAS VEGAS, Jan 7, 2000 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Company Joins New Secure
Digital (SD) Association

Formed by Matsushita, Toshiba, and SanDisk   e.Digital Corp.
(OTCBB:EDIG) announced today that its portable Internet music player
design will be one of the first to feature compatibility with the new,
Secure Digital (SD) Memory Card announced in August 1999 by SanDisk,
Toshiba, and Matsushita, best known by its Panasonic brand name.

e.Digital is also an inaugural member of the newly-formed SD
Association announced during a Matsushita/Toshiba/SanDisk press
conference yesterday at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2000.

Fred Falk, president and chief executive officer of e.Digital, said,
"We are happy to be part of the newly-formed SD Association, as one of
its stated goals is to provide improved protection for copyrighted
content, including but not limited to music files. The SD Memory Card
is another valuable tool we can use in our endeavors to offer our OEM
customers designs that will support SDMI standards for secure Internet
music." He added, "For years we have built compatibility into our
designs for SanDisk memory products, which have become the de facto
standard for portable devices."

Nelson Chan, senior vice president of marketing for SanDisk added, "We
are very proud of the SD Memory Card, especially its security features
which are becoming more and more important to our customers. Digital
security is being pursued on many levels, and the SD Memory Card is
there to support these efforts in portable devices of all kinds." He
continued, "We are pleased to have e.Digital join the SD Association as
an inaugural member, as they are one of the first to incorporate
compatibility for SD Memory into a portable product design."

e.Digital's portable multi-codec Internet music player design is
available for licensing by consumer electronics manufacturers and other
OEM partners. The flexible design can be adapted to customer
specifications and includes support for multiple music codecs,
removable memory, and security features. The design is SDMI compatible.

     About Secure Digital (SD) Memory Card(TM)

  The flash-memory based removable storage card provides a compact,
reliable and easy-to-use medium to store high volumes of audio, visual,
and other data for digital music players, cameras, personal digital
assistants (PDAs), video cameras, cellular phones, GPS systems and
other digital consumer electronics products. Its strong copyright
protection capability meets the requirements of artists and content
owners and offers greater data security for users.

     About e.Digital

  e.Digital Corp. offers an engineering partnership for the world's
leading electronics companies to link portable digital devices to PCs
and the Internet. Engineering services range from the licensing of
e.Digital's patented MicroOS(TM) file management system to custom
software and hardware development, design and manufacturing services.
For more information on the company, visit www.edig.com.

Safe Harbor statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform
Act of 1995: This press release contains forward-looking statements
relating to future performance, technology and product development that
may impact on future results and the future viability of the company.
Actual results could be affected or differ materially from those
projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of risk factors
such as: future products and results; technological shifts; potential
technical difficulties that could delay new products; competition;
general economic conditions in the markets in which the company
operates; the ability of the company, its customers, and suppliers to
become Year 2000 compliant; pricing pressures; and the uncertainty of
market acceptance of new products by OEM's and end-user customers.

Note to Editors: e.Digital and MicroOS are trademarks of e.Digital
Corp. SanDisk, SD Memory Card, CompactFlash and MultimediaCard are
trademarks or registered trademarks of SanDisk Corp. All other product,
company, or service names are the property of their respective owners.

Copyright (C) 2000 Business Wire.  All rights reserved.

Distributed via COMTEX.
 -0-
CONTACT:       e.Digital Corp.
               Robert Putnam or Wendy Ravenel, 858/679-1504
               [email protected] or [email protected]
               or
               The MWW Group (for e.Digital)
               Matt Messinger, 201/964-2377
               [email protected]
               or
               SanDisk
               Bob Goligoski, 408/542-0463
               [email protected]

WEB PAGE:      http://www.businesswire.com

GEOGRAPHY:     CALIFORNIA

INDUSTRY CODE: COMPUTERS/ELECTRONICS
               SOFTWARE
               HARDWARE
               INTERNET

Today's News On The Net - Business Wire's full file on the Internet
with Hyperlinks to your home page.

*********************** Courtesy Email ************************
This email is never sent unsolicited. At your request as a
subscriber to EquityAlert.com, this email alert service is
provided as a courtesy and is for informational purposes only.
Email news alerts may not contain the full text of the press
releases. Neither press releases nor research alerts nor
any other reports should be used for investment decisions.
EquityAlert.com , Inc. cannot guarantee delivery of an email
alert and disclaims any liability for any damage that may
result due to your failure to receive an email alert as a
result of system failure, incorrect email addresses, or any
other circumstances.

***************** To Edit or Stop Equity Alerts ***************
To edit your selection of Equity Alerts or to stop receiving
this e - mail, please visit:
http://www.equityalert.com/alerts.asp?uid=cypherpunks&xid=125235