Re: Internet Threat To Israel, Say Rabbis

> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/et?ac=000114832908976&rtmo=VMwqMD3K&atmo=gg
> ggg3JK&pg=/et/00/1/8/wisr08.html
>
> Saturday 8 January 2000
>
> Internet threat to Israel, say rabbis
> By Alan Philps in Jerusalem
>
> ISRAEL'S leading orthodox rabbis have issued a ruling banning the
> internet from Jewish homes, arguing that it is "1,000 times more
> dangerous than television" and threatens the survival of the country.
>
> The ruling, issued by the Council of Torah Sages, is an attempt by
> the rabbis to halt the in�ltration of "sin and abomination" from the
> internet into the homes of the ultra-orthodox, whose children have
> hitherto been shielded from the temptations of the modern world.

Jeez! Took the media long enough to notice.

Orthodox bulletins had been posted on bulletin pillars in Jerusalem and
Bnei Brak for months now, saying this.

In the mean time, Orthodox Jews in Israel will continue to use the Internet in
their offices, where many have programming jobs.

--

                           "The genius of you Americans is that you never make
                            clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid