Re: New Article On Web Drug Info Ban By Dana Larsen

At Mon, 10 Jan 2000 10:46:50 -0600, Jim Burnes <[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>>
>> On 9 Jan 2000 00:04:02 -0600, Lizard <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> The ultimate problem here is that the masses perfer comfortable slavery
>> under a not-too-evil dictatorship than true freedom. And of course,
> they're
>> happy to take away all the rights of "other people".  I don't think
>there's
>> anything that can be done to fix that (other than mass extinction).
>>

>I highly recommend an old book by Eric Fromm called "Escape from
>Freedom".
>
>snip
>It is probably the core argument why any republic needs "rebooting"
>every
>hundred years or so (Jefferson thought every 20 years -- hehe).
>
>"A REPUBLIC, madam, if you can keep it."
>Ben Franklin

Eric Fromm was a flop-necked,quiche-gobblin,bedwetting,limp-wristed pansy
control
freak who probably slept with Russo after an evening of huffing locker room.

and oh yeah, it is a good read. :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  If you are not using HushMail, this message could have been
read easily by the many people who have access to your open personal email messages.