Re: SKIp

> anybody have any opinions on SKIP (Sun's IP level encryption).
> How does it compare for encrypting between machines to something like
> ssh? (Obviously ssh is more portable, other than that)

SKIP and ssh perform very different operations.  SKIP is an IP-level
encryption engine (ala IP-SEC), whereas ssh is an application-level
encryption engine.  You can run ssh on top of SKIP.  And using SKIP I
can encrypt every single IP packet leaving my machine; you can't do
that with ssh.

Does this help?

-derek