Re: Anguilla is not Marxist!

Vincent Cate <[email protected]> writes:

> > I merely observed
> > that your Minister of Finance did choose an educational institution
> > notorious for Marxist ideology. The Minister may have undergone a radical
> > change in his ideas since then (AS I SAID IN THE TEXT THAT I POSTED TO THE
> > GROUP!).
>
> You still assume that he was, at least at one time, into that and only if
> he had changed could he now be normal.  This is so bogus.  What makes you
> think he needed to undergo radical change?

Vince,

Charles Platt is notorious on the net as a drunkard and a pathological
liar.  Don't waste your time refuting his lies.

> > Sorry, but I think your reaction is a bit unreasonable. I'll certainly
> > rephrase my text if you sincerely feel it suggests that Marxism thrives in
> > Anguilla.
>
> It just seems bazar to conclude that our Minister of Finance is at best a
> reformed Marxist without any more evidence than a name of a school he went
> to and a monopoly phone company setup by the previous government.

Charles Platt works part-time for New School for Social Research (teaching
students Microsoft Office or something :-). Obviously he's very envious of
any former student who's more successful than he is, so he invents all sorts
of stupid lies about his employer.

> > But I thought the context made it clear that the country is just
> > a sleepy little British colony with zero corporate/personal taxes and some
> > bad habits left over from the Brits--such as a government-owned radio
> > station and a horrible phone system.
>
> There are also 2 local private radio stations, 2 local private TV
> stations, and a private cable company with 40 channels (local adds but
> little local programming). If you only talk about the government owned
> radio station you make it seem like this is government is controlling the
> media or something.  It is not giving an accurate impression.
>
> The UK and USA also have government owned stations.  So what?  As long as
> private ones are not supressed, I don't have any trouble with a government
> owning its own radio station (and I am a devout Libertarian).

This just proves again that Charles Platt is a pathological liar.

---