re: Re: (fwd) A Silver Bullet to Limit Crypto?

 U> From: [email protected] (George A. Gleason)

 U> Rapid promulgation of decent user-friendly PKSs looks
 U> pretty essential at this point.  I'm thinking, how about
 U> approaching Apple to see if they'll include a PKS along
 U> with their Macs, as bundled software, sort of like
 U> Hypercard.  Even if the PKS which is used, has some
 U> problem with is, as for instance the old trapdoor-knapsack
 U> system, **anything** is preferable to nothing at all when
 U> it comes to getting the public educated.

I agree 101% -- I'd rather have a "bad" system in place, with people
asking for a good one (and roundly complaining about the short-sighted
implementors :-) than to sit and wait until we can implement the
"right" system.

I'd much rather have email users want privacy and rag about their
compromised system. Even a relatively poor one buts some substantial
blocks into routine bulk monitoring of traffic...

As frequently happens, the real problem is not technical.

--- ReadMail
 * Origin: [email protected] / World Power Systems  (1:125/111)
--
Tom Jennings - via FidoNet node 1:125/555
    UUCP: ...!uunet!hoptoad!kumr!fidogate!111!Tom.Jennings