Rander

Eric says:

>In my previous post, I mentioned powering the device from DTR.  DTR,
>for those of you not familiar with RS-232, is a device control line
>which is separately assertable.  To turn the device off, toggle DTR.
>Presto!  No more power, no more bits.  Simple, when you know what DTR
>does.

So far,  I think this is the best idea,  and after checking out my
methodology and initial circuit design,  I see no reason why I cannot
go as high as 9600 baud.   Even the more inexpensive AD converters can
achieve that speed when we only want to use 8 bits.    I am toying
around the idea for using an 8 bit AD converter,   then its just a
matter of clocking them out a UART.