Gubment Bombmaker's Cookbook

Several days ago I made a post in response to the gentleman
in Hartford's difficulty with the law.  His problems stem
from someone's posting to his BBS recipe(s) for bomb making.
I mentioned, offhand, that a federal government publication
exists containing such recipes.  Mike Godwin responded asking
for a citation, that it might be useful to the defense.  OK,
here it is:

   TM 31-210 Dept. of the Army Technical Manual
   Improvised Munitions Handbook
   published 1969

It contains chemical recipes for about a dozen explosive
materials (both primary and secondary explosives) from
easily obtainable ingredients, along with designs for
fusing devices and explosive booby-traps.

I have never tried any of these (to paraphrase Shel Silverstein,
my eyes still see, my hair's unburned, and my fingers are still
on my hands -- and I'd like to keep it that way), but my knowlege
of chemistry and engineering convinces me that they all work.

The book contains the disclaimer "For official use only" on
nearly every page.  It is, however, widely available at gun
shows, which is where I got mine.

I'll not reproduce any recipes here, but if the defence
attornies for the gentleman in Hartford contact me and can
prove who they are, I will be happy to share any info with
them.
__
|         (V)              |  "Tiger gotta hunt.  Bird gotta fly.
|   (^    (`>              |   Man gotta sit and wonder why, why, why.
|  ((\\__/ )               |   Tiger gotta sleep.  Bird gotta land.
|  (\\<   )   der Nethahn  |   Man gotta tell himself he understand."
|     ( /                  |                Kurt Vonnegut Jr.